Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Shoutbox dimensions and location

Hello, I like this shoutbox a lot. I'm just wondering if it's possible to relocate it (I see there's a very old thread about this but for an older version) and change its dimensions. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

@KEP , You can change the shoutbox dimensions in the your custom.css file like this.

div#van2shout.Box {
    border-color:#666;
    border-width: 2px;
    width:250px;
    }

div#van2shoutscroll {
    height: 500px;
    overflow: auto;
    }

or

edit the html in the /forum/plugins/Van2Shout/views/discussionscontroller.php

possible to relocate it ?

yes,you can do it in the same file or the custom.css ,this will put it under the content.You can adjust the sizes as you need.

div#van2shout.Box(
    position:relative;
    right:700px;
    bottom:0px;
    width:650px;
    margin:0 auto;
    }

div#van2shoutscroll {
    height: 500px;
    overflow: auto;
    }

• Options

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try when I can and report back.

• Options

In the default.php you may also be able to render somewhere else if you change this:

define('VAN2SHOUT_ASSETTARGET', 'Panel');

to

define('VAN2SHOUT_ASSETTARGET', 'Content');

• Options

I've been trying for a while now to no avail to position the shoutbox before the content but after the menu. Care to help? The forum is at blockstring.com/board

• Options

you would need to make space for that by moving the content down . Then apply what I posted above.

• Options

I also made the change here - http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/176327/#Comment_176327

And you could change dimensions via vrijvlinder's comments.

I made these changes - and it positioned it after the menu in the discussion and discussions but not in the dashboard.

modify

//  public function DiscussionsController_Render_Before(&$Sender) {
        public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender) {
            $Session = GDN::Session();

to

public function DiscussionsController_Render_Before($Sender) {
                    $this->Add_Shout($Sender);
                    }

public function DiscussionController_Render_Before($Sender) {
                    }          

public function Add_Shout($Sender) {    

I also replaced &$Sender with $Sender

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine, I noticed some odd behavior with the shot box , maybe it is due to it's refresh rate, but it makes the list of resources in firebug wig out , the folders will appear and disappear...It interfered with editing so I disabled it. Just did not like all the jerking around..

• Options

it's natural - same with who's online (too bad I can't get anyone to test and provide further feedback on the change I made, maybe a quid pro quo) and firebug).

Yea just change timeout interval to an enormously long time.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I guess I could test it, although I would be the only one online lol so I would know who is online , that is why I don't use it but I will check it out ....

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@vrijvlinder said:
    I guess I could test it, although I would be the only one online lol so I would know who is online , that is why I don't use it but I will check it out ....

I wasn't meaning you - it was the other hundred people I may have helped, who might want to help me with this hijack
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/177186/#Comment_177186

The way I test is use google browser and firefox browser and login as two different users.
    For three, more browsers and more users :).

• Options

@vrijvlinder and how can move van2shout to> @peregrine said:

it's natural - same with who's online (too bad I can't get anyone to test and provide further feedback on the change I made, maybe a quid pro quo) and firebug).

Yea just change timeout interval to an enormously long time.

@peregrine I use "who´s online" in my private forum. Just tell me , what u want or what u need and i can try to help. Obvisly this help is for comunity help.

I only dont have the change to show icons/avatars in names from "who's online"

:))))

• Options

it was the other hundred people I may have helped

Yea man they pick brains and run lmao !! wam bam not even a thank you mam

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@Konquet said:

I only dont have the change to show icons/avatars in names from "who's online"
    instructions here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/177186/#Comment_177186

vanillcon plugin here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/vanillicon-plugin

try it on one of your themes if you have the time.

and post results in this thread:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/22193/modifications-for-adding-pictures-to-your-whosonline#latest

• Options

Yes, i know the instructions, i dont try because dont like in my forum. But i change the next monday for help you.

So.. Can i use avatars from my forums? Or u need vanillicon plugin? @peregrine ?? :=)

In my forum upload avatar to my forums is avalible.

Sorry for my poor english :(

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

@Konquet said:
    Yes, i know the instructions, i dont try because dont like in my forum. But i change the next monday for help you.

So.. Can i use avatars from my forums? Or u need vanillicon plugin? peregrine ?? :=)

In my forum upload avatar to my forums is avalible.

Sorry for my poor english :(

uploading avatars should work, i don't think gravatars will work. Your poor english is better than my fluency in anything else besides english :).

• Options

i disable Gravatars in my comunity. Dont care about this, soon i report u my feedback :)

• Options

Hey guys and sorry for not respond to anybody for so long, It's just a busy time right know... I've been working and planning on a new version for Van2Shout for some time and relocation as an option is one of the things I would like to see most. But another really cool feature upcoming is a (hopefuly soon) working implementation of firebase.com, which will improve the time it takes to display a message on another PC from somewhere between 3 and 5 seconds to about 0.1 seconds - quite a lot I guess ;)

• Options
    KEPKEP New
    edited March 2013

@peregrine said:

I also made the change here - http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/176327/#Comment_176327

And you could change dimensions via vrijvlinder's comments.

I made these changes - and it positioned it after the menu in the discussion and discussions but not in the dashboard.

modify

//    public function DiscussionsController_Render_Before(&$Sender) {
      public function Base_Render_Before(&$Sender) {

to

public function DiscussionsController_Render_Before($Sender) {
                  }

public function DiscussionController_Render_Before($Sender) {
                  }          

public function Add_Shout($Sender) {  

I also replaced &$Sender with $Sender

Thanks so far. So I made these changes, but it's placing the shoutbox below all the discussions instead of above them.

• Options

As I explained you can't do that unless you make room for that by moving the content down the same amount as the height of the shout box at least. Then use css to put it there. Or you can add a div in the theme master to make the space like so

< div id="ShoutBox" >< /div >

then use css

#Content #ShoutBox{
     position:relative;
    margin-top:50px;
    etc etc}

• Options

Whoops sorry. I wasn't paying close enough attention I guess. Thanks again.