Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

NO "New discussion" button on my forum. Please Help!

Hi everyone

I recently started my first website and noticed that the "new discussions" button is gone. In fact, there is no way to start a new discussion.
I could really use some advice. I did not mess with the HTML...just changed the CSS design a little.

Thank you! :)

Ps: here is my vanilla forum where the problem is occurring:
Www.Myadultacnecure.com/forum/

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited March 2013

I did not mess with the HTML...just changed the CSS design a little.

Changing CSS would be enough to hide elements. Have you tried reverting to the standard theme, and see if the button reappears?

Edit: also, check Permissions, making sure that the Member role has the permissions to start a Discussion. Keep also in mind that Guest role doesn't have such permission by default, therefore you wouldn't see the button unless you are logged in.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Is that a Vanilla theme or something you created? The Panel is missing ....the menu is missing...

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

You seem to have made extensive changes to the css in your custom.css file, rather than 'a little'!

Did you edit default.master at all?

If not, then one (or more) of your css rules is overriding the Vanilla default for displaying buttons / panel.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The elements are indeed missing in the source. Try enabling the default theme and see if your button/panel/menu come back.

It looks like someone axed the asset containers but left the css untouched.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.