HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload > MyUploads in Profile

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited March 2013 in Feedback

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone integrated FileUpload into the users profile. So that they see all the data and pictures they uploaded and can also clean it from there.
It might help in development if the uploads are connected to the users and not only to the discussions or?

Anyone has an idea about this?

Thanx

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Comments

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

I also think it would be a nice feature. One more for the FileUpload "to do" list.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

I think i want to bring this one up once more, even though i can't develop it. It happens from time to time that users want their account to be deleted or taken to sleep. In this case it is very important that they can have a look if they uploaded any private pictures they want to take off your forum. So this might be a cool option to have a "my file uploads" tab in the profile.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can make a normal upload form like I did for the galleries plugin,in theory you can substitute the user profile view or even add a view that shows the user gallery where the pics would be posted to and then send the uploads to the user folder. They would have to create a folder, like in galleries.

Another option is ad an html input form and also have it post to the profile. Like the way myspace had years ago...

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@phreak said:
    I think i want to bring this one up once more, even though i can't develop it. It happens from time to time that users want their account to be deleted or taken to sleep. In this case it is very important that they can have a look if they uploaded any private pictures they want to take off your forum. So this might be a cool option to have a "my file uploads" tab in the profile.

I like the tab idea. Not sure if that data is already tracked though. Might require crawling through old posts.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• it's tracked by discussion and comment I believe and would take one big processing hit to back link to user. Unless a new reference were made.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Yeah! @peregrine realized the plugin i made up in my head. You can find it here.
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/myattachments-plugin

(Just to complete this thread)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

@phreak said:
    Yeah! peregrine realized the plugin i made up in my head. You can find it here.
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/myattachments-plugin

(Just to complete this thread)

It's part of the "Make A Plugin Dream Come True Foundation." where a lucky person gets a dream come true.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.