Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla License

I'm going in for an intern for an IT company and my goal is to create an up and running learning forum which may include posting pictures and rating them. I was thinking of comparing different forums, including vanilla.

If it ever so happened that the said company would implement what I made and considering it may be vanilla, would I need to ask for permission from any higher ups or anything? I just don't want any complications, especially legal ones.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2013

Vanilla is licensed with the GNU General Public License, version 2. Please refer to the terms and conditions for copying, distribution, and modification in this document. You may distribute and modify copies of Vanilla as long as it meets the conditions of this license.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

Version 2, June 1991

Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA

Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
    of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

This applies to the license not the software. This means the code can be changed used distributed etc. However the license can't be changed. So if you develop a plugin for the software the license remains intact and others have the same right to change copy or distribute that plugin .

You can freely use change copy and distribute the code. You must credit the source in your new plugin or app and include the license info within.