HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Peregrine Badges: Where is version 1.0?

1.0 is necessary to get 1.6 to work. but i m not able to locate it

Comments

• Options

take a look at the addons page

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/peregrinebadges-plugin-1.0

just click download on the version 1.0 page in the above link for version 1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks. I downloaded it but the zip file is invalid it says :(

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

try it again it works for me. make sure the download completes in your browser it is 1.7mb

or use wget.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

nah..same issue..i tried thrice. But thanks anyway n great work! I wil try agn sometime later

• Options

what was your download size?

• Options

I suggest you download badges from the icon repository thread anyway they are better and that is the only thing you are missing, if you follow the naming convention of badges in the images directory you should be set to go. It is documented in the threads. And by the way, when posting a question about a plugin you should ask the question under the plugin - it helps other people.

@underdog can you move this thread.

• Options

download size shows 1.7 MB but on disk its 1504 KB..maybe that is an issue. Sorry abt not posting it under the plugin. The image folder contains only 4 icons in 1.6 so i would not know the naming convention. Let me try n download from other browser.

• Options

well, that's your problem - you have a slow connection apparently and your browser is giving up after 1504kb instead of 1.7 mb. got to a better connection and download it there or use wget if you have a linux box.

wget -nd -c -r --tries=90 http://vanillaforums.org/get/peregrinebadges-plugin-1.0.zip

• Options

@Todd - is there something that can be done on server end as far as timeouts, I know i asked this before.

If i try to upload from a "connection-shared machine" on low bandwidth, i am still limited to 18kb max. Downloads are better but if a plugin is greater than 1mb I have to resort to wget with retries or go to a different computer with a faster connection. and you can see other people have the same problem with downloads timing out w/ slow connections.

I use the "latest available firefox and gnome with the same guru meditation timeout message on uploads" and the downloads just truncate.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

There is a timeout at our load balancer right now that I'm told will be relaxed at some point, but it's hard-set for now.

• Options

thx.