HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Banning by IP not working?

Hi gang, I've just had the weirdest, and perhaps most unnerving thing happen. I banned an IP address some months ago, and now someone is posting from it. Fresh, new user, today... and when I tried to add the user to the ban list I got an error (looks like it's the result of an SQL uniqueness requirement) that says the IP ban exists.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• SrggamerSrggamer HardCore Gamer ✭✭✭

Unban IP, rre-Ban IP

• @mrpta said:
    when I tried to add the user to the ban list I got an error (looks like it's the result of an SQL uniqueness requirement) that says the IP ban exists.

Details, screenshot of the error (no address bar!) are interesting. Which version of Vanilla are you using? 2.0.18.8 or 2.1 beta?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks for the suggestions @UnderDog.

I am ashamed to say we're using an older version of the software than 2.0.18.8, only 2.0.18.1. Until we can muster the energies to upgrade (kind of hanging out for 2.1), we'll use htaccess.

Screenshot attached nonetheless. Hope it's helpful somewhere along the line.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2013

well - is it already in the table. looks like it from your error.

did you do this:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/180820/#Comment_180820

hope you got the security fixes in, its not hard to upgrade between 2.0.18.1 to 2.0.18.8

just backup database, copy the new source and run utility/update

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.