HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Stop links from opening in new tab on vanilla 2.1 Embed

TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

So I was testing out 2.1, and it appears that links to discussions, on the discussion list open in a new tab, breaking the cleditor and generally being annoying.

This also happens for Breacrumbs.

Yeah so this is really annoying, and really shouldn't be there at all, this only occurs if the forum is embeded.
I spent a few hours working on this to find what was causing it so I can override it, but found nothing.
Anyone find a way round this?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

Found the what was causing it "js/embed_local.js?v=2.1b1"
    however I still don't think it should be there in the release

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2013

@Tama

You do know that 2.1 is in Beta, don't you?

The only version of Vanilla recommended for production use is 2.0.18.8

If you think there are issues in the 2.1 version, it would help if you reported them on GitHub.

• TamaTama United Kingdom ✭✭✭

@whu606 said:
    Tama

You do know that 2.1 is in Beta, don't you?

The only version of Vanilla recommended for production use is 2.0.18.8

If you think there are issues in the 2.1 version, it would help if you reported them on GitHub.

Aware that it's in beta, was just wondering if anyone had found a fix for it that could be shared with people till it's out of beta :)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Tama

May be worth checking GitHub, in case something has been posted there?

• @Tama said:
    So I was testing out 2.1, and it appears that links to discussions, on the discussion list open in a new tab, breaking the cleditor and generally being annoying.

This also happens for Breacrumbs.

Yeah so this is really annoying, and really shouldn't be there at all, this only occurs if the forum is embeded.
    I spent a few hours working on this to find what was causing it so I can override it, but found nothing.
    Anyone find a way round this?

Hey @Tama, Did you ever figure out how to stop this?

• edited January 2014

@informalgadget The 2.1 is still in Beta, as whu606 said before. 2.0.18.10 is the stable version and the version recommended to be used for production

• meshugymeshugy Musician/Hacker ✭✭

I also had the same problem with all the links opening in new windows while embedding. The solution was to change the code in the embed_local.js to target= "_self"

See: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/198045/#Comment_198045

• @meshugy said:
    I also had the same problem with all the links opening in new windows while embedding. The solution was to change the code in the embed_local.js to target= "_self"

See: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/198045/#Comment_198045

Ok cool thank you for the reply, I'll check it out.