Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Forum Embed Design and Layout

Hi, my client wants me to design his embedded forum on wordpress site like this

question: Is that possible to implement a layout and design like that? If yes, how?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What version of Vanilla are you running?

What exactly do you need help with?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Version 2.0.18.8

Im just asking if its possible to have that same layout, with that buttons above and pagination below. I'm just a newbie in vanilla forums, I also don't know what the other buttons above are for. Maybe my client saw a vanilla forum embedded in that way, that's he's asking for something like that.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Yes, you can do this.

This is almost purely style, as the default layout contains all the same data. See below for sample content. image

The only thing you will have to do is override the filter tabs (or remove them completely). The easiest way would be to apply a CSS rule like .Tabs.DiscussionsTabs { display:none; }.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• markjoeymarkjoey New
    edited May 2013

What about the pagination? how can I achieve that? I mean I want to limit the number of discussion displayed to 10 then a pagination.

• Ok, Thanks :)