HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Latest Version of Vanilla? 2.1 or 2.2?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I see there is no difference between master and 2.1 branch on github - https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/compare/master...2.1

And Master branch is bumped into 2.2 - https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/commit/cc9f8f3958e98519df4cb3c845cbca0ddc5e6cbc

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Best Answer

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Asking what the latest version is is silly without context.

The latest stable release is 2.0.18.8.

The latest beta release is 2.1b1.

Anything on github is experimental or considered alpha.

If you want bleeding edge code you know all of this already.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Context is where we have reached.

If I am not wrong, then master branch has the most stable code though not the latest.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited June 2013

@aery said:
    Context is where we have reached.

If I am not wrong, then master branch has the most stable code though not the latest.

My interpretation is that the master branch contains the most stable development code. The most stable release is still 2.0.18.8.

Either way, looks like a new release is order. :D

EDIT - After reading more into their git flow, master should be the most stable production code. Not sure how that correlates into their opensource releases here.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.