HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to open downloaded zip. May be corrupted. Anyone else facing this problem?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Please check by downloading and opening. May be Peregrine's slow connection couldn't properly upload 2.5 MB.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I don't think so aery, what decompressor do you use? try http://www.zipeg.com

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

I am using 7-zip. Never faced any problem before.

edited July 2013

http://www.7zip.com/util/8/

That might help you decide, it helped me when I had same issue but another plugin by x00

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

Your problem is most likely you don't have a full download. Your browser probably aborted and there was a timeout. If the size of your downloaded file is smaller than 2.4mb - that is a likely reason.

I have to use a different machine to upload anything on vanilla forums because of timeout problems.

But for downloads I use curl with retries instead of relying on my browser - so i ensure I get complete download.

If the zip file was corrupted - the upload would have never happened - the addon would have never been updated. - there would be no way for vanilla add-ons to read description version info.

It is on your end - my friend..... not the add-on and not vanilla's.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder looks like that uses 7zip as the compression engine. So it prolly won't work either.

@aery I use 7zip and had no problem downloading and unzipping 4.0 on win7, os x, or ubuntu 12.04.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

@vrijvlinder http://www.zipeg.com/faq#create

On Windows I would recommend 7zip which is excellent.

I use Mac , but also use zipeg on the lap top I occasionally use, I guess it's a matter of personal choice, just try whatever works I suppose :)

gzip sounds good too

• I use gzip.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Aha. It worked now.

It didn't for my first two attempts. May be mine consecutive bad luck.

edited July 2013

It was the Minion's fault , lurking and sabotage lol

(great patsy, thanks Tim:)

oh and @Minion , mark this thread solved, the problem was not the plugin it was the plugger

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2013

actually I don't use curl, I use wget.