Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hello, search is returning "Page Not Found" error

Please help as I really like the forum software so far. My forum is pretty empty as it just launched with 1 thread, but I hope this is just some oversight of mine.

Thanks

forums.saveapayday.com

Comments

• Maybe it has something to do with your .htaccess file. Did you change that? Or just upload and hope for the best? Looks Like Vanilla 2.0.18.4 or .8

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2013

I think you need to check the Forum root settings like htaccess or some other setting in config.php

• It was installed for me, but I will have to check on that in the morning.

Thanks for the quick response

• JuliusGJuliusG New
    edited August 2013

Hello

excuse my ignorance, but what exactly am I supposed to be looking for? I made no changes to the config.php file and no htaccess file that I know of. It is version 2.0.18.8

To give a bit more insight. Search appears to be the only thing broken and I started looking at my .htaccess file. It appears I might have to change the RewriteBase line although I would assume that if I had an issue there it would not even load the forum.

• Did you try reinstalling?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• JuliusGJuliusG New
    edited August 2013

@peregrine said:
    Did you try reinstalling?

Not yet, but I will tonight. I think I will try to reinstall and if that does not do the trick I will replace regular search with google search, which I think would be the best bet for server load the way vanilla is structured anyway.

Strange that it appears this is an isolated incident on my end, might be a stupid godaddy thing at the moment (which I'm in the process of fixing)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

I will replace regular search with google search

in default.master.tpl change in your theme
    from

<div class="SearchBox">{searchbox}</div>

to

<div class="SearchBox">{googlesearchbox}</div>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.