Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing registration link target

edited August 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

By default the registration link on the discussion page of a Vanilla forum points to /entry/register?Target=discussions. I'd like to change it to point to /entry/register?Target=vanilla%2Fmarketplace. How can I go about editing that link?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

What version of Vanilla are you running?

The /entry/register page redirects to the last viewed page by default.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

you could use jquery

or add this to your bootstrap.after.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

function RegisterUrl() {
          return '/entry/register/WHATEVER';
          }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2013

there is also a

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['RegisterUrl'] = '/entry/register?Target=%2$s';

but I believe that is in use with jsconnect and things of that nature.

so the bootstrap method or adding jquery to your theme options or plugin would be two options as well as redoing the views in registration in your theme.

or a fourth option might work for you - go to the routing feature in dashboad and put in a regex for source and target.

4 options - looking for a fifth :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Wow @peregrine, you're on the ball! I used the bootstrap.after.php method and it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

Thanks @hgtonight as well - I know it redirects to whatever page you're coming from, but I wanted to change that for a very specific use case. I'm redirecting people to the marketplace to purchase a membership as soon as they create an account.

Cheers!

• Options

thx for the feedback - awesome, glad it worked for you.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Maybe this method can help the user who wants to use invitation method. Sounds easier to have them register and then pay for membership.. but what if you want to sell first and then get registration ?