Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Мobile theme

Hi, I have a question about the mobile theme. How to display user avatars on the home page?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• There is a plugin called "IndexPhotos"
    http://vanillaforums.org/addon/indexphotos-plugin

• thanks but still avatars on the home page does not show

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2013

any plugin you want to execute in mobile most have mobile friendly in the array in the default.php or class.nameofplugin.plugin.php

just add this below the authors name.

for indexphotos plugin..

e.g. in class.indexphotos.plugin.php

change

'Author' => "Matt Lincoln Russell",

to

'Author' => "Matt Lincoln Russell",
     'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,

with 'MobileFriendly' => TRUE,
    depending on the plugin it may work in your mobile theme

but we can't begin to guess what your "home page is" or what version of vanilla you have, since you haven't specified it.

in vanilla 2.1 you can select your choice of home pages

It really would be a miracle if posters started putting the version number of vanilla that they are asking about. But that would require typing ten more characters or so and that would be too difficult.

more great info here - take a minute and read it:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23130/forum-post-ettikett-etiquette

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mikadomikado New
    edited October 2013

Yes ;) thanks peregrine.

[Split]

I have one more question How to add video to Wysihtml5 ? In this editor
    video is not displayed

• Would you post an example of what you mean for adding video?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• mikadomikado New
    edited September 2013

I'm adding a link from youtube but it still as link...video is not displayed

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited September 2013

Did you paste the link in the editor or did you use the link button? If you used the link button, try pasting the link as plain text. If it still doesn't work, then click Wysihtml5's source code view button and remove the "a" tag from around the link if it's there. If it's still trying to add the "a" tag, then the problem is that Wysihtml5 converts all plain text links into actual HTML links, so the video won't be able to get added by Vanilla's format method.

If this is the case, you should try posting the video link without Wysihtml5 enabled, and if it works, check out the ButtonBar plugin.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The actual insertion should be done on page load.

Does it look right if you preview it?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• mikadomikado New
    edited September 2013

@Shadowdare
    Yes, I put a link to a editor and do not use the button
    Just this editor is more like it than the button bar

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@mikado said:
    I'm adding a link from youtube but it still as link...video is not displayed

aren't there numerous plugins for embedding videos. did you try any other add-ons.

are we still talking about the mobile theme - or should you have started another discussion, or should the moderator split the discussion???

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited October 2013

@peregrine said:
    are we still talking about the mobile theme - or should you have started another discussion, or should the moderator split the discussion???

He may start the topic in the same discussion because his problem relates back to the reason this was started. As long as he sticks to the "plugin" topic, he should be okay.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@ilovetech said:
    He may start the topic in the same discussion because his problem relates back to the reason this was started. As long as he sticks to the "plugin" topic, he should be okay.

so you are saying the discussion title "mobile theme", he is now referring to his question about embedding video in a mobile theme?

I would have guessed not.
    :)

• Yep, it's either a split or a title change sice 90% of the topic is about embedding video

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @peregrine I have installed the plugin button bar as a solution has not been found

• @peregrine Where can I learn more Vanilla other then the Vanilla Wiki?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@ilovetech said:
    @peregrine Where can I learn more Vanilla other then the Vanilla Wiki?

• vanilla documentation (reread weekly - each time you go through it, it will make more sense.).

• scan all the source code.

• try to answer every questions a forum member asks on your own local test forum.

• even if you don't solve it - you will learn alot.
      • even if it just requires searching for the answers.
    • download plugins by vanilla developers and various other people, analyze them and change them.

• try to write your own plugin.

• Read the vanilla documentation, and experiment. look at the database in phpmyadmin.

and repeat above.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

You could also signup for Peregrine's Vanilla Outdoor Class ($50,000 for a full day).
    if I get enough participants, I will fly guest lecturers (perhaps x00, hgtonight,
    shadowdare, businessadad, mcu_hq, kasper, whu606, vrijvlinder, tama, underdog,
    etc. etc. and the
    vanilla team and all contributors to the forum)from around the world if they want to
    participate and give classes :).

Attendance will be limited to the first 49,000 vanilla forum users

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Vanilla Outdoor Class ($50,000 for a full day)

Sounds reasonable ..... what's my cut ?

• @vrijvlinder said:
    Sounds reasonable ..... what's my cut ?

equal split between instructors.