Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it possible to set these as default, and for each of my current forum users?

I looked in config-defaults.php for the option to turn these on and it doesn't seem like they are in there.

In addition, when setting these defaults, does it only change for NEW members, (like setting the input formatter?), or would it propagate for all of my users?

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Do not Edit the defaults at all. If there is a configuration you need to change from there, please copy the line and paste it in the config.php to be altered.

The pic you posted is not showing by the way, those settings can be changed from there but users will be able to change them if they want.

Simply set them to 1

does it only change for NEW members

It changes until they change it themselves.

• Options

@vrijvlinder I understand config-defaults.php vs config.php, but I look up config-defaults as a reference to what preferences I am able to set.

I don't see preferences for these:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s8/sh/5a596786-d18f-419b-b7ad-5243100f8a4f/13ae71bef8b519057f9a1f475178cc14

And I am fine with users being able to change it once I set it, but I want to set it for everyone as a default, and want to know if I do set it as a default, will it be set for everyone using the forum, or only new registrations?

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

you could try this, however I think these settings to be notified for new discussion are only for mods or admin. I am not sure that users have that option. I would not check that option if I was a user. Specially in a forum where a new discussion is created every minute or less.

$Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['NewDiscussion']     = '1'; 
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['DiscussionComment']     = '1';
    $Configuration['Preferences']['Email']['ActivityComment']       = '1';

• Options

I changed all the 'popup' preferences to '0' on my forum, and it didn't change anybody's preferences. :(

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

to retroactively apply preferences to all user you will need to touch the database. It's pretty straight forward if you take a look at the tables.