Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blank discussion page unless admin

I am getting a blank page every time I try to load a thread. This does not happen when I am logged into an admin account, though. I posted as a regular and then as an admin, and the SQL entries look the same. This must be a perm problem, but I have everything set to view and when I set members and admins to not view any threads, nothing happened.

Comments

• Does it work when you disable all plugins and set the theme to default?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• If the page is completely blank than you should turn off output buffering and see the details of the error.

Turn on debug in conf/config.php.

Vanilla should never give a complete blank page. Always go back to default theme and disable plugins (like ShadowDare said) and see if you get the same problems

Did you convert from another system or is it a fresh install?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited October 2013

@Shadowdare said:
    Does it work when you disable all plugins and set the theme to default?

Yes, I figured it out. The problem is with the plugin RoleTitle. Any way I could use this plugin and not get the error? I really need it.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

If you can help us pinpoint the error cropping up with RoleTitle, I am sure we could help you. :D

Look in your server error logs and/or enable debugging. Then post the error message you find.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• EathuisEathuis
    edited October 2013

[Split] Yeah roletitle does seem to be difficult to work with, everytime I use it I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method RoleModel::SetUserRoles() in /home/vol2_8/host/root/htdocs/forum/plugins/RoleTitle/class.roletitle.plugin.php on line 80

I don't think this is too much of a problem, but I thought I might just let you know about the error message I am getting.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Does the role model file, /applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php, exist?

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• EathuisEathuis
    edited October 2013

@hgtonight said:
    Does the role model file, /applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php, exist?

What version number of Vanilla are you running?

It's probably because I'm running vanilla Version 2.0.17.10 <--- I should probably update :D As for checking if the file exists...I can't do that at the moment, as the FTP and root directory is playing up.