Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Can't install Vanilla on windows server 2008 (?)

siemsiem New
edited November 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello!

I've found Vanilla and it seems wonderful and I'd love to use it,

So I downloaded :
Version 2.3a1 & placed it in my intepub/wwwroot folder (I'm using IIS7)

Sadly when I run the installation It gives me the following :

Incorrect integer value: 'Garden.SignIn.Allow' for column 'Garden.Email.View' at row 1|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_Permission (Garden.Email.View, Garden.Settings.Manage, Garden.Settings.View, Garden.Messages.Manage, Garden.SignIn.Allow, Garden.Users.Add, Garden.Users.Edit, Garden.Users.Delete, Garden.Users.Approve, Garden.Activity.Delete, Garden.Activity.View, Garden.Profiles.View, Garden.Profiles.Edit, Garden.Curation.Manage, Garden.Moderation.Manage, Garden.PersonalInfo.View, Garden.AdvancedNotifications.Allow, RoleID, JunctionTable, JunctionColumn) values (:GardenEmailView, :GardenSettingsManage, :GardenSettingsView, :GardenMessagesManage, :GardenSignInAllow, :GardenUsersAdd, :GardenUsersEdit, :GardenUsersDelete, :GardenUsersApprove, :GardenActivityDelete, :GardenActivityView, :GardenProfilesView, :GardenProfilesEdit, :GardenCurationManage, :GardenModerationManage, :GardenPersonalInfoView, :GardenAdvancedNotificationsAllow, :RoleID, :JunctionTable, :JunctionColumn)

I personally have NO idea what it could be, I created a new (empty) database and made sure every service was running (MySQL & such) & everything has the needed write/read permissions.

What could it be and what can I do?

Kind regards.
Siem

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

counter question -

curious - did you have a problem with 2.0.18.x on the server and why are you using bleeding edge software.

your permission table looks munged up.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• siemsiem New
    edited November 2013

@peregrine said:
    counter question -

curious - did you have a problem with 2.0.18.x on the server and why are you using bleeding edge software.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I had installed 2.0.1.8.x before and I could login to the dashboard and such, sadly when I was logged in I couldn't acces anything but the fronted webpage and such , and no forum options or anything else then my basic dashboard (?) .
    That's why I downloaded 2.3a1 from a link I found .

And bleeding edge software, because the above reason.

• That's why I downloaded 2.3a1 from a link I found .

bad idea.

if you must -

try 2.0.18.8 - it is most stable

I had installed 2.0.1.8.x before and I could login to the dashboard and such, sadly when I was logged in I couldn't acces anything but the fronted webpage and such , and no forum options or anything else then my basic dashboard (?) .

you should try to resolve the problem - re-install it.

if you must -
    try the install for 2.1b2 - you could also try this. but if you are not real familiar with vanilla, i would go with 2.0.18.8

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• siemsiem New
    edited November 2013

@peregrine said:

I'm a little confused with the website still, I downloaded the version from the website also (right here, under the download button) and that was vanilla-core-2-0-18-8 I believe.

I re-installed it just now.
    This is what it looks like on the dashboard [attached file]

How come there be no forum options or anything such as?

Kind regards

Also : When I go to the "home page" it shows nothing, at all.. ? Just "Page not found".

• siemsiem New
    edited November 2013

woops excuse me! Here's the file.

Also :
    "http://serverip/index.php?p=/vanilla/settings/managecategories" return no page found and so on.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I was not aware 2.3 was released anywhere. Are you sure you are running the official software and not some forked version?

The error seems to pertain to some invalid data in your db. If you need help debugging this issue, you probably shouldn't be running alpha software.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

peregrine said nothing of the kind... you said it

@peregrine did not say: but @siem said:
    I'm a little confused with the website still, I downloaded the version from the website also >> (right here, under the download button) and that was vanilla-core-2-0-18-8 I believe.

the version number is at the bottom right of dashboard and in index.php.

I have to go somewhere now, maybe someone else can assist.

• God! I feel so stupid, I hadn't enabled Vanilla under plugins/addons.
    It's working fine now.

Thank's for the support,

I Feel like an idiot!

Kind regards

• glad its working.