Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Import vbulletin fail

MudRacingMudRacing New
edited December 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I import from vBulletin 4.2.2 data, I receive this error and the importing hangs as in the picture:

how can I fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Look in the GDN_User table. The column count doesn't match the list of fields the program wants to insert into the table, in other words, there's a list of fields that wants to be inserted into the table, UserID, Name, Email, etc. Let's say that the total of fields is 15. The program VanillaPorter most likely then wants to insert 14 fields.

Compare the list of fields from your error message with the list of fields in your phpMyAdmin. There is a difference. Find that difference.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hmm the problem is two values for HashMethod

see

i.`HashMethod`, 'vBulletin' as HashMothod

@Todd

grep is your friend.

• I tried to make a new export and I noticed at the top of page result this:

create index ix_thread_firstpostid on vBul_thread (firstpostid);Duplicate key name 'ix_thread_firstpostid'
    Notice: Duplicate key name 'ix_thread_firstpostid' in /var/www/vhosts/spqrclan.com/httpdocs/vanillaforums/vanilla2export.php on line 1303

This may be the problem or not?

• I would wait for todd to reply, you probably will have to drop that index.

grep is your friend.

• MudRacingMudRacing New
    edited December 2013

@x00 said:
    I would wait for todd to reply, you probably will have to drop that index.

Thanks

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am going to go ahead and do all the hard work and mention @Todd.

;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    I am going to go ahead and do all the hard work and mention Todd.

;)

AAHH.... need mention @Todd for help?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

That's a nifty way of making screenshots. By now, the only person I have seen using that technique was my mum... ;)

• MudRacingMudRacing New
    edited December 2013

@R_J said:
    That's a nifty way of making screenshots. By now, the only person I have seen using that technique was my mum... ;)

LOL .... my Mac don't save screenshot :'(

• I have solved my problem, thanks :)

• @MudRacing please share so others can benefit.

grep is your friend.

• I was trying to import using an older version of VanillaForum, after upgrading to the latest version the problem is solved.