Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

proxyConnect & embded issue with urls...

I have embedded my forum into my remote app, and users can log in & out with proxyConnect SSO (Single Sign-On)....

The problem i'm having is with the URL's set in proxy connect, they need to have _parent attr attached to them. Can anyone give me any clues on how to do this? I really don't want to start hacking the vanilla core, and preferably not use javascript.

Comments

• is this a plugin you are referring to, have you tried jsconnect.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• i haven't tried jsconnect, but there are reasons why I don't want to use jsconnect. I'm building a site with if the user doesn't have js enabled in mind, amongst other reasons so jsconnect is really ideal for me.

I managed to get this sorted, i realised there was an option to force the forum to be viewed through the remote url so it's all good now.

However some url's, such as when a guest user clicks "add comment" on a discussion thread. The remote url is still getting loaded into the frame, rather than just the forum.

Hope that makes sense?