Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

quiz addon, is it possible?

i think that a really good Quiz plugin is missing....

ideas & tips about the addon:
any user can post a multiple choice question and the possible answers.....
any user can give answer taking points (if it's the right answer)
maybe there are forums containing only quizzes.
a user can create new quiz instead new posts (depend on group permissions).
every quiz (post) must contain one or lot of questions.
every question must have 3+ possible answers.
user increase his/her reputation if he/she select the correct answer (or use point system).

what do you think?

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

for anyone who missed this similar question:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25392/quiz-add-on-to-create-quiz-using-questions-multiple-choice-fill-the-blank-etc

you could also look at polling plugins as a base and modify to check for correct answers and tally.

Discussion Polls
    kpoll
    poll

but you could use extrapage plugin or basic page app and create the quis within those web pages.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes it is is possible. There is your answer.

If this an attempt to commission it you should state your budget, to see if anyone is interested in making it for you.

grep is your friend.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited January 2014

@tempo_vanilla: Listen to what people already recommended in other threads...

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/discussionpolls-plugin ?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2014

maybe you could start with offering a pledge to get the plugin rolling since you seem quite interested in it. And if others show interest they could pledge to.

and someone with good knowledge of discussionpolls-plugin ;)

could modify the plugin, which would not be trivial.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited January 2014

is there anybody working on this quiz plugin or not?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am not.

I might be interested if you state your budget and are willing to commit to a set of requirements.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I could probably do it for you as well.

With the proviso. ONLY if hgtonight decides not to do it. I don't want to claim jump other developers, nor do I want to compete for the lowest price. And i hope others follow this model as well.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@peregrine said:
    With the proviso. ONLY if hgtonight decides not to do it. I don't want to claim jump other developers, nor do I want to compete for the lowest price. And i hope others follow this model as well.

Go for it :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited January 2014

I'll take a whack at it as well. It'll help me whack my coding fleas.

• @hgtonight said:
    Go for it :D

nah, I'll probably be leaving the forum, until the troll is controlled.

• I have no means of being a troll. I'm just saying that I'll help code it. I'm trying my best to be a little nicer

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited January 2014

@ilovetech look at that:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/201764/#Comment_201764
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/201744/#Comment_201744
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/201748/#Comment_201748

I really wish you are a troll, because otherwise it could happen that you jump off a roof because you've decided to be a bird today.
    Nevertheless offering help is always nice. So you are a nice troll. Could have been worse...

• thanks for the answers. I browse the Addons section and i think that there are a lot of free addons.... is there anybody to create a quiz addon for free?
    Maybe it's simple, a true/false question and two buttons for every user to choose the answer. A point system is good idea too!!

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@tempo_vanilla said:
    thanks for the answers. I browse the Addons section and i think that there are a lot of free addons.... is there anybody to create a quiz addon for free?

Based on previous replies, I would be quite confident in saying that the answer is "no". You could either:

• develop it yourself.
    • hire somebody to develop it for you.
    • wait and see if, one day, someone will produce one (it may take an undefined amount of time and not match your needs, but one gets what he pays for).
  • @tempo_vanilla said:
    thanks for the answers. I browse the Addons section and i think that there are a lot of free addons.... is there anybody to create a quiz addon for free?
    Maybe it's simple, a true/false question and two buttons for every user to choose the answer. A point system is good idea too!!

Free addon doesn't mean people are going build something for you for free.

People make open source becuase it something that either they need, or are interested in building for their own reasons, or it has been funded (nearly all large project are funded somehow). People don't just sit around making free stuff becuase one person asks for it. People have better things to so such as paying the bills.

Open source is primarily there becuase the source is open, so other developers can benefit, it is little to do with being of no cost. That is never what open source was about. You just happen to benefit from what is released already.

There is no reason why someone couldn't charge for the development of open source software. Because development = work.

grep is your friend.