Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Move the Up and Down Vote icon to the right?

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is a very easy fix - I'm probably just being an idiot but could someone possibly help me out as to how I can move the Vote icon to the right of my post as my theme kind of messes this up. I've attached an image just to show you what I mean.

Thanks!
-Dobby

Comments

• @peregrine @hgtonight
    Apologies for tagging but do you guys have any idea as to how I could change this - it's just that I'm planning on launching the site soon :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited February 2014

You can use a web inspector like firebug, inspect that element and use css float:right; to move it to the far right . If you give a link it would make it easier to help you out so I can use a web inspector and look at your source code to find the element and the rules it has and edit.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    You can use a web inspector like firebug, inspect that element and use css float:right; to move it to the far right . If you give a link it would make it easier to help you out so I can use a web inspector and look at your source code to find the element and the rules it has and edit.

Okay, thanks a lot :) Typically as soon as I get someone willing to help my webhost goes down -_-. The link is http://www.pcscene.net but it's currently down I'm afraid.

it's currently down I'm afraid.

That won't be a good thing for your forum if people run into that very often. I will keep an eye on it and see it comes back.

edited February 2014

About your issue with voting plugin...

I believe the css causing this problem is in the voting plugin voting.css around line 111 notice that the correct position is commented out. I suggest you uncomment it and remove the one below it that makes it go to the far left over the avatar.

ul.DataList div.Meta strong {
        box-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #777;
        -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #777;
        -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 2px #777;

position:absolute;
        /*
        right: 668px;
        top: 6px;
        */
        top: 24px;
        left: 668px;
        white-space: nowrap;
    }

• I thought the exact same earlier, so I did so and it still doesn't change anything unfortunately. Regarding the web host, as you saw on my other thread I was talking to you on, I've changed the webhost :D