Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I make the MyProfile tab the default on profile views?

I've tried a few custom routes, but can't quite crack it!

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2014

yeah doing it by routing is quite convoluted.

The problem is you have to do a negative match becuase of user routing and other wildcard functionality

read this whole thread

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20427/set-default-profile-tab

it does mean when you add profile plugins you may need to add to the route. It is just not a one time an forget thing in that case.

grep is your friend.

• Thank you, @x00!

• beschizzabeschizza New
    edited March 2014

I've given that as best a try I can, and no luck!

The MyProfile plugin creates the extra tab (with the name MyProfile), but the routes I can think to default to it just don't work.

With the Route Expression ^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

these targets all set the given default tab:

profile/comments$1 to /profile/comments/1/username

profile/discussions$1 to /profile/discussions/1/username

profile/activity$1 to /profile/activity

but profile/myprofile$1 just offers a blank page

(Setting the target to profile/activity/1/username$1 works, though, but only with that particular hard-coded username)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2014

sorry let me explain, you need to remove all profile routes you currently have

Route Expression

^profile(/(?!activity|notifications|discussions|edit|password|invitations|myprofile)([0-9]/)?[^/]*?/?)$

Target

profile/myprofile$1

Type

Internal

There are negative matches you are saying anything NOT activity|notifications|discussions|edit|password|invitations|myprofile

needs to go to profile/myprofile

the reason for the negative match is becuase you can't be sure if it is going to be a username or a method.

the only other approach would be programmatic. If you are interested in such a solution PM me. It should offer more rational detection where can just set the default controller.

grep is your friend.

• beschizzabeschizza New
    edited March 2014

I'm beat! Even with your help I can't get it working using routes. My guess is that I have messed something up somewhere else and am wasting your time.

I was able to get it done by hacking class.profilecontroller.php to remove the usual default profile view loop, lines 321-328, with this:

$HackedDispatch = '/profile/myprofile/'. $this->User->UserID . "/" . ConcatSep('/', rawurlencode($UserReference), rawurlencode($Username), rawurlencode($UserID));

return Gdn::Dispatcher()->Dispatch($HackedDispatch);

If this is particularly horrible, remind me to PM you :)

• Yep it not really a good idea to modify the core. It will get overwritten.

grep is your friend.