Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Installation Issue

Ok,

So I wanted to start using vanilla forums put all the files where they need to be, now I'm on the installer I enter all the right info and it keps saying its wrong.

My database is the issue according to it. My database is right though, its info follows:

Database Name: airbornz_vanilla

Username: airbornz_vanilla

Password: (I'm Not Going To Say The Password)

What is wrong here?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Is the host name right?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes

• Make sure your UserName has the proper rights on your DataBase Name. Then make a screenshot of the error and paste it here. If the error says that the Db is the issue, the DB is the issue. It interprets the error that MySQL gives, so keep focusing on fixing that issue.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ok got it working now. I think it was a glitch because I entered the same info just now and it works.