HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Making the background of the Grayscale Green theme transparent.

HCEHCE New
edited March 2014 in Feedback

A while back I posted a question asking how I could make the background of the Grayscale Green theme transparent. For some odd reason, some unknowing people erroneously lamented that I was trying to get the developer of the theme to do some elaborate customization of the theme for me. Lol That was certainly not the case. And the absurdity of that accusation diverted the thread without a resolution. So I'm posting the resolution here.

@vrijvlinder was smart enough to recognize the simplicity of my question and sent me the answer to my question in a private message. For the benefit of the community, I am posting how to make the background of the Grayscale Green theme transparent for anyone else who may be interested in doing so.

Just simply edit the custom.css file accordingly:

Change this:

body {
    background: #fff;
}

To this:

body {
    background: none transparent;
}

And if you wish to make the background of the header (where the logo or forum name goes) of the theme transparent, edit this in the custom.css file:

#Head {
    background: #fff;
    padding: 1px;
}

To this

#Head {
    background: none transparent;
    padding: 1px;
}

If you are embedding this theme onto a WordPress site you may need to add this to your WordPress stylesheet:

body.iframe{ background:none transparent;}

(I didn't need to add that last line of code to my WordPress and it worked perfectly.)

Simple enough! :wink: