Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Fresh install, cannot enable Twitter plugin

Hi there, I just decided on using vanilla forums for my new site. Setup was easy enough, until I tried to enable twitter. It came installed by default, all I did was press "enable" and I see this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /path/to/vanilla/library/vendors/oauth/OAuth.php on line 8

Googling about it brings up just one (unresolved) discussion from January

Integrating with FB and Twitter was a primary reason for choosing Vanilla, so what now? Thanks for any guidance!

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I just grabbed the build off of the vanillaforums.org homepage, so it should be that one (2.0.18.10). Is there a newer release ready for production?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2014

@TheUnallied said:
    I just grabbed the build off of the vanillaforums.org homepage, so it should be that one (2.0.18.10). Is there a newer release ready for production?

No. The post you linked was talking about the beta while you never specified in your original post, so I wanted some clarification.

I just installed a fresh copy of 2.0.18.10 on my localhost and was able enable Twitter without issue. The error you posted seems to indicate that file is being loaded more than once. Class declarations can only happen once in PHP. What version of PHP are you running?

You should be able to get a little more information by either checking the network traffic (using your browser's dev tools) or right clicking the enable button and opening in a new tab.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I'm on shared hosting so I won't be able to change much server-side, but my php version is 5.3.27. The new tab thing only gave the same error just on its own page, but IIRC my host has disabled all debug output messages. I tried looking at the network request but I'm not sure what to look for. There is one GET entry and response code is 200 OK.