Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove image from category description?

gohuntergohunter
edited April 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Version: 2.1rc1

I was experimenting with the category image option. Now I can't find a way to delete the image from category. It is in the dashboard.

I found similar question but looks like it is not there.

I know this is super simple, but pardon my stupidity for not able to find it :(

Tagged:

Comments

• I was experimenting with the category image option. Now I can't find a way to delete the image from category. It is in the dashboard.

where is the option to add image?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• found it.

there doesn't seem to be an option to remove in the dashboard.

however you can remove it via phpmyadmin

in category table - look for the photo column and blank out the offending image for the category you are wanting to remove it from.

and file it as a bug on github.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Well... can't seem to find it from phpmyadmin too...

I'm attaching some screenshot if you can lead me from there, that would be great :)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

look at Photo , that is where it should be in that same table of categories.Under Permission Category ID on the left hand column

It should also appear in config.php no?

• @vrijvlinder said:
    look at Photo , that is where it should be in that same table of categories.Under Permission Category ID on the left hand column

Yes, the first screenshot is inside Photo Columns. And there is nothing there.

edited April 2014

Ok then look inside your config.php and see if it is there. If it is there, don't remove the line just remove the part after and only leave =''; then save . Look and see if image is removed.

• Under config.php, nothing...

Try to delete the category and create another with the same name.

• gohuntergohunter
    edited April 2014

Well, that definitely fixes the problem but not really a convenient way to do it if it was live forum. :p

Thanks to the option for a replacement category when you try to remove the category. It saved all my imported database discussion even though it is on localhost and in modification.

Thanks @vrijvlinder‌ ! Appreciate your help

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@gohunter
    Well... can't seem to find it from phpmyadmin too...

I'm attaching some screenshot if you can lead me from there, that would be great

you didn't post a screenshot of the correct thing.

the first image you [posted is is not correct location

the second image is of the structure, not what you want.

You "browse" the Category table. Click on category table, then click browse. Do not look at the structure.

I think you may not understand phpmyadmin.

if you create a test category and add an image.

Browse the category table - you will DEFINITELY see an image in the photo column.

good that you filed it as a bug.

• Aha! Good to learn that! lol

I just tested it and works just like you said...