Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect gives a bonk error on v 2.0.18.11

I'm getting a bonk error when trying to add a connection with jsConnect.

I've set up a brand new installation of Vanilla version 2.0.18.11 on http://staging.contraptionmaker.com/forums and installed jsConnect 1.4.1. When attempting to add a connection I get a bonk error.

I don't get this error in version 2.2.10.3 from Github, but I'm assuming I wouldn't want to use that version on a live site. Is that right or is it ok to use? There are some slight css issues with sidebar in that version, but at least the jsConnect works.

I turned debug on and here is the error I'm getting on version 2.0.18.11 when I add a connection in jsConnect 1.4.1:

Unknown column 'IsDefault' in 'field list'
insert ignore GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider
(Name, AuthenticationKey, URL, AssociationSecret, AuthenticateUrl, SignInUrl, RegisterUrl, SignOutUrl, IsDefault, AuthenticationSchemeAlias, AssociationHashMethod, Attributes)
values (:Name, :AuthenticationKey, :URL, :AssociationSecret, :AuthenticateUrl, :SignInUrl, :RegisterUrl, :SignOutUrl, :IsDefault, :AuthenticationSchemeAlias, :AssociationHashMethod, :Attributes)

The error occurred on or near: /var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/database/class.database.php
276:
277: if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
278: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
279: } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
280: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
281: }
282: } else {
283: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
284: }

Backtrace:
/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/database/class.database.php:280] PHP::trigger_error();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1657] Gdn_Database->Query();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1128] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/plugins/jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php:492] Gdn_SQLDriver->Insert();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/plugins/jsconnect/class.jsconnect.plugin.php:443] JsConnectPlugin->Settings_AddEdit();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:713] JsConnectPlugin->SettingsController_JsConnect_Create();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:313] Gdn_PluginManager->CallNewMethod();
[/var/www/cm-staging2/forums/index.php:53] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Variables in local scope:
[Sql] 'insert ignore GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider
(Name, AuthenticationKey, URL, AssociationSecret, AuthenticateUrl, SignInUrl, RegisterUrl, SignOutUrl, IsDefault, AuthenticationSchemeAlias, AssociationHashMethod, Attributes)
values (:Name, :AuthenticationKey, :URL, :AssociationSecret, :AuthenticateUrl, :SignInUrl, :RegisterUrl, :SignOutUrl, :IsDefault, :AuthenticationSchemeAlias, :AssociationHashMethod, :Attributes)'
[InputParameters] array (
':Name' => 'Contraption Maker Forums',
':AuthenticationKey' => '1281901608',
':URL' => NULL,
':AssociationSecret' => 'a8e9f84d574d3e6481c588312da9d4d3',
':AuthenticateUrl' => 'http://staging.contraptionmaker.com/?VFRequest=connect',
':SignInUrl' => 'http://staging.contraptionmaker.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to={Target}',
':RegisterUrl' => 'http://staging.contraptionmaker.com/wp-login.php?action=register',
':SignOutUrl' => 'http://staging.contraptionmaker.com/wp-login.php?action=logout',
':IsDefault' => false,
':AuthenticationSchemeAlias' => 'jsconnect',
':AssociationHashMethod' => 'md5',
':Attributes' => 'a:3:{s:8:"HashType";s:3:"md5";s:8:"TestMode";b:0;s:7:"Trusted";s:1:"1";}',
)
[Options] array (
'ReturnType' => 'ID',
)
[ReturnType] 'ID'
[PDOStatement] array (
'queryString' => 'insert ignore GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider
values (:Name, :AuthenticationKey, :URL, :AssociationSecret, :AuthenticateUrl, :SignInUrl, :RegisterUrl, :SignOutUrl, :IsDefault, :AuthenticationSchemeAlias, :AssociationHashMethod, :Attributes)',
)

Comments

• Options

I'll try 2.1 stable and see if that works.

• Options

Nope same exact error in 2.1 stable. Anyone know how I might fix this?

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Hi @eddieo, try running /utility/update.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

did you try this

ALTER TABLE GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider ADD IsDefault BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT FALSE ;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    did you try this

ALTER TABLE GDN_UserAuthenticationProvider ADD IsDefault BOOLEAN NOT NULL DEFAULT FALSE ;

I had the same issue and this worked perfectly for me.

• Options

Yup that worked perfectly. Thanks!

• Options

While that allows you to add the connection, the "Make this connection your default signin method." does nothing .. and on sign in it will show the login/password box instead of using the connector

• Options

@peregrine said:
    did you try this

Where should we be putting this?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

Where should we be putting this?

its a SQL command to alter you table structure. not a code insertion.

although it is somewhat bizarre why jsconnect doesn't add it in the structure statements (baffling, but stranger things have happened).

sounds like you need a tutorial on phpmyadmin or mysql.

both available on the web.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20231/how-to-become-somewhat-adept-at-modifying-vanilla-to-meet-your-needs-for-free

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

"Make this connection your default signin method" will make the Sign In & Register buttons go to your indicated URLs if you've chosen "Connect" under Registration -> Registration Method in the Dashboard.

• Options

@Linc said:
    "Make this connection your default signin method" will make the Sign In & Register buttons go to your indicated URLs if you've chosen "Connect" under Registration -> Registration Method in the Dashboard.

I know that's the plan .. but it won't work with the currently released versions...

obviously the "IsDefault" field is missing in the forums database .. so it is never used by the forum software itself.

• Options

I searched the vanilla source for isDefault and found out that it is a 2.2 feature

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/commit/bee980aaf32094238c5be0f2c83db5b6be0330df