Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

can't delete the comment after edit. But can just after refresh.

I am using vanilla 2.1 forum. Here i edit a comment and just after that trying to delete but there is no delete option.After refreshing the page the delete option is appeared and can delete the comment. Is this an issue or is this the functionality of vanilla forum. Same problem is occur after the add comment section. if i refresh the page the delete option is visible and can delete.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've tried to recreate that error but could not. Which plugins do you have enabled and are you using a custom theme?

• Ya am using a custom theme, but problem is same for other themes like Embed-Friendly, Bitter Sweet etc.

• I leave a comment and click the option button, then

I refresh the page and click the option button , then

If it is not in the theme, I guess it will be one of your plugins. Could you post the list of enabled plugins? Better than a screenshot will be a section of your /conf/config.php like that

// EnabledPlugins
    $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';

• what editor are you using. are you using buttonbar.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited May 2014
            // EnabledPlugins
            $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';
            $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['ProxyConnectManual'] = FALSE;
            $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['PrivateCommunity'] = TRUE;
            $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['2jsconnect_2'] = TRUE;

2jsconnect_2 is not in use now and not in plugins folder.

• @peregrine said:
    what editor are you using. are you using buttonbar.

no, am using sublime Text2

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

2jsconnect_2 is not in use and not in plugins folder.

delete that line from config.php $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['2jsconnect_2'] = TRUE;

• @vrijvlinder said:
    delete that line from config.php

Deleted, and tried unfortunately no change.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

ok , thanks for trying, how about you disable that editor and see what happens ?
    delete the .ini files in the cache too

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

add the buttonbar plugin and see if that changes anything.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

The only thing that is not standard is the PrivateCommunity and that can not cause the error you are describing.

Maybe some files are corrupt? Given that you haven't altered any core files (which you should never do) it is save to re-upload Vanilla - but I don't want to be responsible for any data lost so please make a backup before doing that ;-)

• edited May 2014

how about you disable that editor and see what happens ?

i am not using any editor as plugin for disable

no, am using sublime Text2

this is my text editor.

Note: sorry if i misunderstand

add the buttonbar plugin and see if that changes anything.

no change..(note:buttonbar is for formatting comment)

• r_j has a good idea.

it is very bizarre. you could also try /utility/update and post a snapshot of your roles and permissions for
    the user role that gets the mysterious problem.

also you don't happen to be running minify or pages speed or any other caching software that you know of.

also did you port your database from another forum software, or is this a totally new forum.

• I have the same problem. A user can only delete a comment he just wrote after a page refresh.

It's a new forum, no import.

Here's a list of the used plugins:

• BBQuoteFix
    • Button Bar
    • Emoticons
    • ImageResizer
    • Mediator
    • OnlineNow
    • Private Community
    • Quotes
    • Spoilers

Best way to debug things like that is to disable all plugins and go back to standard theme, and then reenable everything step by step.

The discussion opener hasn't reported back if th eplugin PrivateCommunity has been the cause for his problem. Maybe you can shorten the process and simply disable that plugin and make a test.

Since that plugin is what you share beside of the problem, it could be the problem...