Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bug?

Hi, I'm using Vanilla 2.1. When a user clicks on its email configuration, they only get a white page.
I am including a screenshot of the backtrace. Is this a bug or maybe I did something wrong?

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Check permissions and also make sure the plugin is updated to work in 2.1

Look at the tutorial for updating an old plugin for 2.1

• I have this error and I believe it's the same as @jllb. @vrijvlinder what do you mean by checking permissions?

Also I will bashfully insert a n00b question here, how do I check which version of vanilla my forum is running?

Thanks =)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you had followed vrijvlinders advice, you would have come across that discussion: https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25534/how-to-modify-an-old-plugin-for-2-1

Important in this case is 3.If your old plugin contains: &$Sender You must change it to this: $Sender.
    But the plugin is rather old so it might not work without more adoptions...

You can find out the version of your Vanilla installation by looking in the lower right corner when you open up the dashboard.

• Hi @R_J , thanks for the link, I followed the instructions to change all instances of: &$Sender to $Sender and it is now showing up. However there's subscribe to all posts option only. Does this mean I get one email for every new post? Or does every new comment now include me?

What I want to do.
    1. Modify current registered members settings to have an email subscription to newly posted discussions
    2. Ensure new members have an email subscription to newly posted discussions.

I'm sorry if I come across as such a noob but I barely have coding skills! Thank you so much to the Vanilla community, you have been so helpful with all my issues and I really like you all.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Great that you've learned a little bit about coding, now! ;)

But in order to achieve what you've asked for, you wouldn't need a plugin. Vanilla 2.2 comes with "Advanced Notifications" which by default are only accessible for admins. But you can give other user roles that permission, too. Afterwards they can change in their notification settings if they want to be informed about new discussions/new comments per category. They can be informed by email or with a popup.

I hope that's what you are looking for.