Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] How to get a clear/blank line below each comment after the On: time line.

SchryversSchryvers
edited July 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

How do i get there a blank line? I think now its to close on eachother and it looks messy. Want to clear things up...

Searched everywhere and changed alot, but everythime i get straight to the error page.

Isn't this just a case to add a < br > somewhere..?

Greets i hope someone can help, my users hate it.

Comments

• Options

Version is 2.1 by the way..... sorry for that one.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

what theme? looks like your formatting is off that is why you have problems. and it is not entirely clear what you want.,

one way to add a blank line (could be), don't know if its the best way.

class.latestpostlistmodule.php

// add another li
         $Posts .="<li></li>";
                           }
            }
            return $Posts;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Well that not worked for me.

But is it not clear what i want? I just want a white space between the messages. After the time showed then there must be 2 breaks.

Dont know how to explain it better...

thanks for response

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited July 2014

OK so there's a module : latest post list and in that module in the view it shows the title and who created that post ... After that you need to add that break

I'll ask @vrijvlinder‌ help, cut she speaks nederlandisch and is our style guru

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    SchryversSchryvers
    edited July 2014

Yeah, thanks @underdog, i appreciate it.\

i was in de class.latestpostlistmodule.php

and this looks intresting to me:

// If there is a comment, let's use that, otherwise use the original poster
                if ($Post->LastName) {
                    $LastPoster = Anchor(Gdn_Format::Text($Post->LastName), 'profile/'.$Post->LastUserID.'/'.Gdn_Format::Url($Post->LastName), 'PostAuthor' );
                }
                else {
                    $LastPoster = Anchor(Gdn_Format::Text($Post->FirstName), 'profile/'.$Post->InsertUserID.'/'.Gdn_Format::Url($Post->FirstName), 'PostAuthor' );
                }

$PostData = Wrap(T('laatste bericht: ').Gdn_Format::Date($Post->DateLastComment), 'span', array('class' => 'PostDate'));
                $Posts .= Wrap($PostTitle.Wrap($LastPoster.' '.$PostData, 'div', array( 'class' => 'Condensed') ), 'li', array( 'class' => ($Post->CountUnreadComments > 0) ? 'New' : '') );
            }
        }
        return $Posts;
    }

But... everywhere i add two breaklines by adding

, theres a blank page show up when i go to the site. I thought somewhere after the time, but nothing ill do works, im not a scripter or so, just learning from here.

Im really thankfull of the support on here.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2014

It is all css just add padding-bottom to create space, you can also use line-height to create space
    also margin-top creates space.

But If you link me I can help you faster. :)

• Options

Well, i cant find any css markup in the latestpost plugin map..

link you? don't understand that, you mean the link to the site? its tattootalk.nl

thankyou

• Options
    edited July 2014

If a plugin has no css file you add the css in your custom.css file of your theme, here is some css which will put the time next to the name of the author and in a box as the rest of it. Please try this and report if it works better for you.

div.Condensed{
    width: 100%;
    }

span.PostDate{
    position: relative;
    float: right;
    padding: 11px;
    border-right: 1px solid #ccc;
    }

a.PostAuthor{
    display: inline-block;
    border-right: none;
    }

• Options

So i used the css but then this happens:

the right is showin how i need to be it. Is this really a css thingy? I never used css before....

• Options
    edited July 2014

ok well you changed the code so I could not see why the time does not show in your pic

try this

span.PostDate{
    line-height: 51px;
    position:relative;
    top: -11px;
    }

• Options
    SchryversSchryvers
    edited July 2014

Adding

span.PostDate{
    line-height: 51px;
    position:relative;
    top: -11px;
    }

to custom.css in my bootstrap theme worked perfectly! Works like a charm im very thankfull!

Question: Why is the code above not showing correctly? i putted it into the code tags...

• Options

Is this really a css thingy? I never used css before....

Yes it is, I mean that part could be improved so it does not need css. If the span was in the same line for example so the time appears next to the name not bellow in my opinion.

But you can actually do almost everything with css.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

• Options

Why is the code above not showing correctly?

maybe a heksen ?

• Options

This question is ANSWERED! Thanks for your helps! @Peregrine @Vrijvlinder @Underdog

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks to everyone that supported this while I was out having some fun. :)

Glad you liked the plugin @Schryvers‌

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.