Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Blank page

Josh2205Josh2205 New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm currently setting up my forum however when I post a descussion and click to view it it just takes me to a blank white page and I can't seem to find the cause of this

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Please enable debugging by adding $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; to your /conf/config.php file.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have the same problem and have done all the troubleshooting steps to disable all plugins and use the default theme. It happens no matter which category I post in and no matter what theme I use.

• @jbedgood said:
    I have the same problem and have done all the troubleshooting steps to disable all plugins and use the default theme. It happens no matter which category I post in and no matter what theme I use.

this is the error I get when I have it set to debug.
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /var/www/dod.iguilds/forums/library/vendors/simplehtmldom/simple_html_dom.php on line 988

• @jbedgood said:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /var/www/dod.iguilds/forums/library/vendors/simplehtmldom/simple_html_dom.php on line 988

Seems I solved this by installing mbstring. I didn't see it on the list of required packages so didn't have it installed.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@jbedgood said:
    Seems I solved this by installing mbstring. I didn't see it on the list of required packages so didn't have it installed.

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla#self-hosting-requirements

Glad you got it sorted :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.