Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Stange Database Error when trying to edit a Comment

MasterOneMasterOne ✭✭
edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

There is a comment in a discussion which I can not edit. When trying to save the edited comment, I get the following error message in a box insert in the lower right corner:

Any idea what that means?

That installation is still running v2.1, as I haven't had the time to update to v2.1.3 yet. Everything else seems to work as normally, and other comments in that discussion can be edited without any problems.

db.png 18.6K

Comments

• Options

It is worth googling questions like this. it can mean the temporary folder has run out of space, it can also mean that you need to repair the table.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00, what should I have been googling concerning that problem? The temp folder definitely has not run out of space (on that webhost only 1.58GB out of 10GB are currently used), and I have no clue on how to repair the database table.

As said, the problem is limited to a single comment, I have not found any other problems.

• Options

try REPAIR TABLE GDN_Comment USE_FRM;

grep is your friend.

• Options

Btw i said the tmp folder has run out of space not the entire server, often tmp folder is on a partition or is separate location. This is the sort of thing you shoudl ask you host about.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    try REPAIR TABLE GDN_Comment USE_FRM;

Thanks a lot, that did the trick!

The output of that command was: