Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Help with Blank YAGA 'Best of' page

I started another discussion about this in the wrong place so I apologize for that.

Is there a specific setting (or point value) to allow posts to be featured on the 'best of...' page?

I've tried to test promote certain posts but I nothing shows up on my 'best of...' page.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I was in the middle of replying there.

I believe you have found a bug with my code. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I'm pretty good at breaking things... fixing them, not so much...

I look forward to hearing back from you... thanks...

• Options

Is there any way to deactivate this functionality? I mean, remove whole the /best directory content and usage.
    Thanks! Excellent app.

• Options

@Deprecatedz Not currently, but that is a good idea.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I guess it could be hidden quite easily via CSS

• Options
    edited May 2015

Actually, hidding the \yaga\views\best\index.php and then displaying: none with CSS properties I have what I want but... may this cause any problem with the Core itself? (removing the .php file I mean)

• Options

Why do you want to delete any file?

• Options
    edited May 2015

@R_J said:
    Why do you want to delete any file?

I don't really want to... but using Firefox the display: none is not being applied.

li.Best{display:none;}
    ul.FilterMenu li:last-child{display:none}

• Options
    .FilterMenu .Best {
        display: none;
    }

works for me

• Options

Thanks, it does. I just placed badly on my .css file :3

• Options

@hgtonight dijo:
    I was in the middle of replying there.

I believe you have found a bug with my code. :)

First of all I gotta say this is the best plugin ever. I'm working on my first forum in Vanilla and when I discovered this existed I was anxious to integrate it so let me thank you for it. I've just started today translating it into Spanish so let me know if you want me to share a copy of my locale once I'm done with it.

The thing is, badges and ranks work just fine. No argument there. But regarding reactions I have the very same problem that showstuff had 2 years ago. I used different accounts with different roles in order to push different reactions and it seems ok but when I access "best of.." section, there is no data there. In every reaction it appears an emoticon along with an "Unknown" message that links to my default error page. Is it a bug from your code like you said or could be something related with my own forum? Was it solved or should I just hide that section from my css?

Once again, thanks for your app. It's great!

• Options

@javirl86 said:
    First of all I gotta say this is the best plugin ever. I'm working on my first forum in Vanilla and when I discovered this existed I was anxious to integrate it so let me thank you for it. I've just started today translating it into Spanish so let me know if you want me to share a copy of my locale once I'm done with it.

Thanks for the kind words. I would love a translation for Spanish.

The thing is, badges and ranks work just fine. No argument there. But regarding reactions I have the very same problem that showstuff had 2 years ago. I used different accounts with different roles in order to push different reactions and it seems ok but when I access "best of.." section, there is no data there. In every reaction it appears an emoticon along with an "Unknown" message that links to my default error page. Is it a bug from your code like you said or could be something related with my own forum? Was it solved or should I just hide that section from my css?

Could you start a new discussion using the link here: https://vanillaforums.org/post/discussion?AddonID=1178

Post your Vanilla version as well as the version of Yaga you are using. It is possible there is interplay happening with other addons as well since Yaga hooks into a lot of different places. Please post a list of enabled addons as well.

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight dijo:
    Thanks for the kind words. I would love a translation for Spanish.

I have already finished it. But in order to make a better translation than just a "word by word" translation I need a little help understing what a few lines of code actually do. To be more specific I'm refering to:

Yaga.perks.emoticons and Yaga.perks.meactions: both of them are related to what users can do once they get a rank. I'm wondering what means that you can edit emoticons or actions.

Yaga.action.invalidtargettype: I guess it's a type of error line but I just want to be sure what kind of error it is to explain it correctly in spanish.

I think that's all. The rest of things is already translated. I was checking that all made sense so I hope it's up to your great app. Let me know how can I send it to you and I'll do it.

Could you start a new discussion using the link here: https://vanillaforums.org/post/discussion?AddonID=1178

Post your Vanilla version as well as the version of Yaga you are using. It is possible there is interplay happening with other addons as well since Yaga hooks into a lot of different places. Please post a list of enabled addons as well.

Ok. I'll do it soon enough. Thanks!
    I guess this is not the right place to ask this but since it's a small question I hope you won't mind.
    In my datebase badges are saved in GDN_Badges and the assignation of them to users in GDN_BadgeAwards. Is there something similar of this to Ranks? I just see GDN_Ranks but no Rankaward. I'm trying to clean the old rank assignation so i can work with the new ones...

• Options

Yaga.perks.emoticons and Yaga.perks.meactions: both of them are related to what users can do once they get a rank. I'm wondering what means that you can edit emoticons or actions.

Yaga.action.invalidtargettype: I guess it's a type of error line but I just want to be sure what kind of error it is to explain it correctly in spanish.

also, what's the difference between Yaga.Rules.CommentCount.Desc and Yaga.Rules.PostCount.Desc?
    Let me know if I'm wrong but....does the first only refers to the total amount of comments(not counting starting discoussions) while the second counts both normal comments and starting discoussions?

• Options

@javirl86 said:
    Yaga.perks.emoticons

This is whether or not a user's posts will generate emoticons.

Yaga.perks.meactions

This is being able to use (and be parsed) the me actions. It is pretty esoteric but is common in multiplayer online games. If you start your comment with: "/me writes a witty comment", it will be rendered differently.

Yaga.action.invalidtargettype

Generic error about the target item being invalid.

In my datebase badges are saved in GDN_Badges and the assignation of them to users in GDN_BadgeAwards. Is there something similar of this to Ranks?

Since a User can only have one rank, their current rank id is stored in the User table.

what's the difference between Yaga.Rules.CommentCount.Desc and Yaga.Rules.PostCount.Desc?

You have it right. Comment count only counts comments. Post Count counts comments and discussions.

Search first

• Options

The thing is....since emoticons are included in advanced editor, everyone can use them, right?

Thanks for the rest of info. If you want it I can upload my spanish translation wherever you want.

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited November 2016

@javirl86 said:

The thing is....since emoticons are included in advanced editor, everyone can use them, right?

Thanks for the rest of info. If you want it I can upload my spanish translation wherever you want.

some things to keep in mind - Yaga removes permissions for some thinga automatically for some ranks.
    it is not only additive it is subtractive as well. that is why there are some users have problems.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/32432/problems-with-editing-signatures-adding-tags-editing-discussions-permissions-problems-yaga

also it may not be obvious but all the english definitions are in the older vanilla version type of file en-Ca.php in this folder.

https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/tree/master/locale

although new users will have problems with en-Ca.php since the en.php is the default translation.

not sure why adding all the other languages helps when english is currently broken for the current stable version.

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en';

you can get all the translations and other questions you may have regarding defintions from here.....

e.g. what's the difference between Yaga.Rules.CommentCount.Desc and Yaga.Rules.PostCount.Desc?

is plainly shown what it does.

https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/blob/master/locale/en-CA.php

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options

@River dijo:

@javirl86 said:

some things to keep in mind - Yaga removes permissions for some thinga automatically for some ranks.
    it is not only additive it is subtractive as well. that is why there are some many questions.

https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/32432/problems-with-editing-signatures-adding-tags-editing-discussions-permissions-problems-yaga

Yeah, I realised of that after giving it a try with their default configuration. That's why I asked where to find the rank awarded in my database while I'm working on my own badges and ranks before adding them to the app. I guess if I go to my GDN users and I change the rankID to NULL to the ones that already got one rank of the default configuration, they will get my "initial" rank once i active YAGA up again with my customization, right?

Anyways, thanks for your reply. I really aprecciate it

• Options

@javirl86 said:
    I guess if I go to my GDN users and I change the rankID to NULL to the ones that already got one rank of the default configuration, they will get my "initial" rank once i active YAGA up again with my customization, right?

Yes. Once they login (or load the site).

Search first