HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need an expert to help with customising certain features of Vanilla Forums

I have launched a new web forum meant for architects and consultants. Am based in Mumbai, India and am trying to find someone who could help me with the following:

1. customising the activity/introductions page.
  2. Integrating a database kind of application
  3. fixing a few minor bugs related to ranks, badges, and text formatting
  4. merge/split discussions

Thanks
B

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Biraj said:
    I have launched a new web forum meant for architects and consultants. Am based in Mumbai, India and am trying to find someone who could help me with the following:

1. customising the activity/introductions page.
    2. Integrating a database kind of application
    3. fixing a few minor bugs related to ranks, badges, and text formatting
    4. merge/split discussions

Thanks
    B

A few tips to arrive at a solution to your needs.

• If you are looking to hire one and pay for help, state what you will pay for each item.
    • don't put experts (or gurus) in title. you just need someone capable of doing it properly.
    • if you are looking for free help, and you want someone to help you fix a few things
    • mention your theme and version of vanilla and post mockup screenshots of what you want to achieve as well as a good description of what you want to achieve for each item.

• item 1. start a new discussion, post a screenshot,

• item 2. describe in detail and start a separate discussion.
    • item 3. start a new discussion under the plugin you are having a problem with, and describe in detail what the problem is.
    • item 4 start a new discussion under the plugin you are having a problem with, and describe in detail what the problem is.

so

For Hire:
    in essence either state how much you will pay if you are looking to hire someone for each of the requests.
    and describe more in detail what you want.

or

For Free:
    create 4 separate discussions, describing in detail what you are trying to achieve, and you may get volunteers providing insights, tips, or guidance.

Experts:

http://vanillaforums.com/

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks @peregrine‌. I am new to this so your advice is very helpful. I will follow up with specific questions in the correct sections.