Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Array to string conversion in ....... on line 2291

Using Vanilla 2.1.6 and have only QnA turned on.
Noticed these messages when trying to post a question (error reporting turned on)
Any idea if these should be dismissed or what?
Turn off QnA and all error messages go away.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

notice errors - ideally would be great to get rid of programmatically but lots of plugins may have that issue i.e. notice messages.

if debug is off and error messages are not changed in index.php - you won't see notice messages.

then report if you actually have a functional error.

if you turn off debug and I don't know if you followed this instruction because you never responded.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/221483/#Comment_221483

always nice to follow thru on previous discussions before asking others.

but if you did, you should revert back to the original index.php.

the idea is DON'T use debug, if you are not actively troubleshooting a problem. life will be simpler.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Correct that is my MAMP installation I was working on in the other post and haven't had a chance to try out your suggestion yet. Was saving it for later.

This is on a fresh instal for my live site.
    "Don't use debug unless there's a problem" - is good enough advice and seems like a good idea. I don't mind ignoring those messages just didn't know that's how it works. Sorry @peregrine‌