Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cleanser Plugin - List Not Limited to Users with 0 comments/discussions

fraxturefraxture
edited December 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm trying to use the cleanser plugin to purge users that resulted from a massive spam attack on a site I manage. From reading the readme, I think that the plugin is supposed to select users with zero comments or discussions. But that is not what is happening, the resulting lists seems to include all the users irregardless of the number of discussions/comments. Is there something that I've missed here?

Best Answer

Answers

• @peregrine‌ this is your plugin. maybe you can most easily say what i'm missing here?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

I've changed the plugin a number of times based on user requests. It now selects users regardless of comment and discussions as far as I can recall.

probably line 7 in the readme needs to be removed.

what would you like to do?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• My site has recently suffered a massive spam attack. We have something like 15K users, almost all of them not legit I think. Most of these users have 1 discussion or so... I am just looking for tools to help me chip away at getting these spam users out of the system...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• you also might want to try a large offset number/

This discussion has been closed.