Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What permission is required for a user to see Q&A in a discussion's gear drop-down?

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Using Q&A on 2.1.8. My admin user can use Q&A no problem. Regular members can create a Q&A through the drop-down bigbutton (thanks @peregrine‌ ). But a mobile user couldn't change a new discussion into a Q&A, so I tried it out (on desktop and mobile) with a non-admin member user, and all I can see is 'Edit'. No 'Q&A'.

I've attached the permissions that my 'Member' users have. Admin has all permissions checked. Also attached the 'edit discussion' page with the dropdown that's missing the 'Q&A' link. I may have to just mess around with it, but I was hoping someone might know offhand what permission I need to enable.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

A quick search shows Vanilla.Discussions.Edit and Garden.Moderation.Manage are being checked.

Looks like you should be able to do it on your own discussions, or anyone's with the moderation permission.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Thanks @hgtonight‌ . That's what I thought, but that it's not working like that for me. Only the admin and moderators can do it. Weird. (And I should have been able to figure out as much as you told me myself, my apologies).

I'm using 1.2.2 of the plugin from the master branch, not the 1.2.1 version that's linked here ... maybe I'll see if that works.