HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can I Force Mobile View?

My Nexus tablet defaults to the full site which sucks because I can't type into the main text box on one site that uses vanilla forums (the keyboard refuses to appear). However my android phone which uses the mobile version is all fine. Is there any way I can access the mobile site by default considering it would also look better on a tablet anyway?

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Looking at your conf/config.php search for those two lines:

$Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] = 'default';
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'mobile';

Simply set $Configuration['Garden']['Theme'] to whatever your MobileTheme is.

• Options

Not exactly what I meant. I'm an end user not an admin. Can I view the moble theme as an end user regardless of my device?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@xandox

You can't. I'm afraid.

Vanilla determines what user agent a device has, and serves up what it feels is the appropriate version.

• Options

That sounds like a problem with that sites editor plugin. Have you informed the admin about it?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@xandox said:
    Not exactly what I meant. I'm an end user not an admin. Can I view the moble theme as an end user regardless of my device?

Yes, but it requires spoofing your user agent.

Assuming you are using a modern browser, you should be able to find a plugin in your addon store.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.