Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Send a testmail from Backend (DashBoardConfig)

It seems, even if I enter the right Data, no Mails are send to me (for example, if a new user register, or a new thread is created).
I would love to have a funciton on Mail-Configuration-Panel like "Send Test-Mail" with additional informations, where to find an errorlog, if mails not arrived.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If mails do not arrive, it could be they are blocked as spam. Or your mail provider already filters them out as spam.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited February 2015

You can effectively send a test mail from the getting started page. It is designed to send out invites, but you get to change the text to whatever you would like.

http://forums.example.com/dashboard/settings/gettingstarted

EDIT - Be sure to scroll all the way down the page.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ok, request solved. Can I mark solved questions myself, or did the board-admin have to do this?