HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I have added this and get the error

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

We weren't able to verify your site: http://isaanexpats.services-thai.com/
I have now tried all 4 of google Analytics plugins and none work for me ver 2.1.8p with Apptastic theme.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The verification process doesn't take part in Vanilla, am I right? If you already used it before on your URl, your site should already be verified. You would just have to enter your code.

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@DenisS the issue is the older plugins are probably using Google Analytics classic, instead of Google Analytics Universal, the new standard. I usually recommend you just place the Google Analytics code in a pocket. This will future proof you from any issue or if you need to modify the Google Analytics code for new features (like demographic tracking).

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

I should also add, that sometimes the GA verification is wonky, like the aforementioned demographics tracking. What you want to make sure is data is being sent to Google. This can be checked using Google Realtime or with the Google Chrome Analytics debugger.

This article I wrote on debugging might help: http://www.statstory.com/debugging-google-analytics/

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I did try putting it a pocket and the same not verified.
    I have verified my other sites with no problem 3 are still running on 2.0.8 and the other is a property web site with OSclass ad's software. I have had so many problems with the upgrade to 2.1.8 I'm still not up and running 100% after 2+ months. This is just the last problem.

• jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

This could be an alternative way to enable google analytics., at least, it works for me

I put the js script from google in a file in the root called analyticstracking.php
    Then in my index.php i added:

// google analytics added
    require_once(PATH_ROOT.'/analyticstracking.php');

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@jackmaessen said:
    This could be an alternative way to enable google analytics., at least, it works for me

I put the js script from google in a file in the root called analyticstracking.php
    Then in my index.php i added:

// google analytics added
    require_once(PATH_ROOT.'/analyticstracking.php');

That will most likely destroy any type of render that isn't full page (view, json, rss, etc.). Are you seeing any errors in AJAX communications like bookmarking a post?

I am curious.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.