Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Broken Images in Activity Log

So when a badge is awarded:
You earned the 500 Awesomes badge.
The icon is broken. When I inspect the offending element, I find that it has this in the img src attribute:
http://forums.wurmly.com/index.php?p=/uploads/yaga/UHFE2ZA6CIC3.jpg

If you go to that URL, it will say page not found. However if you remove the "index.php", it works fine. I do have Rewrite enabled and Pretty Urls are working, so I'm curious as to why it's like that? It's not just this add-on either, but I figure if I can fix it for Yaga, I can apply the same fix to that one as well. I'm almost certain there's a configuration issue somewhere, but I'm not sure where exactly.

Oh, I imported the stock data supplied, if that helps.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

Are you able to see the image if you go in and edit the badge?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Can you explain this a bit more, as I have implemented yaga on a new project that i am working on. Is the same issue most likely going to occur?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@DSX without more information, it looks like he didn't have rewrite rules in place during the initial setup which caused the activity to be written with the "ugly" URL which is incorrect.

I am using this as reference: http://forums.wurmly.com/activity

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Jonathan WJonathan W Scranton, PA

That's exactly what happened - ensure you have rewrite URLs on when you install the add-on. I did some searching earlier and figured it out. I fixed my broken images by modifying the Activity table and replacing /index.php?p= with an empty string.

I forgot I made this post as my account was still being filtered. Sorry, or I'd have deleted it or replied sooner!

Also - hgtonight - excellent plugin! I plan on making a post with some ideas, and if I can wrap my head around addons more, I might even write some of those ideas into plugins of my own. :)

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

Hello Sorry to bump this old thread i am having the exact problem.

Also to note:

the default promotion badges are displaying correctly and the urls doesn't have the index.php? while the default_badges.svg doesn't display right or broken due the links having index.php?p=

I have checked my config and i can confirm i have the re-write option set to true.

thanks in advance

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to fix your htaccess file...

• thank you