Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remove profile links from category and discussion lists

Is there any way to remove the profile links in the category and discussion lists with the standard "mobile" theme. Most of my users will be using mobile devices and it is too easy hit the profile link instead of the category or discussion title. I would still like to have the user name in at least the discussion list.

I work for a company with about 20 locations with lots of equipment to maintain. I plan to use Vanilla Forums to keep records of what problems have occurred and what was done to fix them so that we can refer to them later if necessary. Each site is configured as a category. I expect to only have a handful of users so profiles are rather useless.

I am currently using 2.09.18.8 because that's what's supported for automatic installation on our GoDaddy account. I may update it in the future but that's currently a low priority. I've been able to find solutions to most of my issues by searching previous posts on this forum.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@garycw

Welcome to the community.

Possibly not what you want to hear, but I would suggest you make updating the forum your highest priority. It isn't difficult, and failing to do so will leave your site potentially vulnerable to security issues, since 2.0 is no longer updated.

You can create a separate mobile theme (see here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26490/tutorial-how-to-create-a-new-mobile-theme ) and then you could hide the relevant elements using css.

But seriously, upgrade first.