Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Costumizing the discussions page display to create a kind of "porfolio" wiht thumbnails.

I am creating a new comunity and I would like to have a "portfolio" aesthetic in the discussions view my vanilla forums 2.2.

The idea is have something in the line of pinterest or kickstarter. Where you have an project and that one has the title, the meta, and an image as thumbnail. Also the display has some margin between the diferent discussions and maybe they have a vertical rectangle shape. Also I would be nice that thumbnail appeared in the discusion itself.

I am new programing in php and I feel very lost about the development process of the theme I have to follow, but I am really willing to learn and any advice and direction you could give me will be very valued.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Two plugins will get you the functionality you want: DiscussionExtender and IndexDiscussionImage.

Use DiscussionExtender to add any fields you want and IndexDiscussionImage will give you a thumbnail on your discussions list.

You will have to take care of the styling and masonry layout yourself.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.