HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

"[username] has accepted your answer"

When I get the above notification in the notification dropdown, the word "your" is a hyperlink, apparently intended to take me to my profile. I have two issues with this:

1) it doesn't work. When I click on that link, it tries to load the profile of a user named "your," and gives a "profile not found" error.

2) It's not a useful link anyway. There is already a link to my profile about an inch away from this notification. A truly useful link in this case would be a link that takes me to the thread in question. That's what I see when I get a notification that someone has answered my question. Why not when someone accepts my answer?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Anyone at Vanilla notice this?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Anyone at Vanilla notice this?

notice your question, or notice the issues.
    By Vanilla - do you mean vanilla staff, the plugin maker, or the volunteers in the community?

what version of vanilla do you notice problem in?

what version number of plugin and what is the name of the plugin you are referring to.

If the question refers to a specific plugin. Please go to the plugin and choose ask a question.

re: question 2.
    generally plugins have translateable items, meaning you can change the wording to what ever you want via a locale file either in the plugin or via conf/locale.php.

see tutorials for translations, and see plugin in question for translateable items.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    notice your question, or notice the issues.

My question. 3 business days without a response is a little disheartening.

what version number of plugin and what is the name of the plugin you are referring to.

I have not referred to a plugin. Is it a plugin that notifies me that someone has accepted my answer? If so, that's the plugin I guess I'm referring to.

I don't know the version of Vanilla that is in use, or what plugins are installed. I am not an employee or admin for the site. I have asked them (Plex) some of these questions, but I have received no replies from them either. WRT the version of Vanilla, the only response I got was "The hosted version." Is there a way I can find out?

generally plugins have translateable items, meaning you can change the wording to what ever you want via a locale file either in the plugin or via conf/locale.php.

It sounds like you're saying that the content of the notification is configurable, and the Plex admins mistakenly configured it to try to find a profile named "Your." Is that correct?

• Options

Thanks for your help.