Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Any way for Master Administrator to see "Real Names"

Andy KAndy K
edited July 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
It's becoming clear that the community I've created needs the option to see others' Real Name info. It's just the way we roll.

1) So, I want to set up the forums so that the Master Administrator role can bypass the "Show your Real Name?" box if unchecked, and effectively always see Real Name on the accounts page no matter what.

2) Also, I was looking into the possibility of removing that checkbox altogether, and making it so that Real Name is always displayed on the account page, and no option to turn it off.

Anyone know a quick way in the code to jury-rig either?

Thanks!
-Andy

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2006
    For option 2, you can create a new theme with this option missing.

Comment out this line:<span>'.GetDynamicCheckBox('ShowName', 1, $this->User->ShowName, '', $this->Context->GetDefinition('MakeRealNameVisible')).'</span>from /themes/account_identity_form.php

and then to turn the option on for all current users, run in your DB administration: UPDATE LUM_User SET ShowName = 1 WHERE ShowName = 0
  • Options
    Thanks, WallPhone, I'll give it a shot!

-Andy
  • Options
    Ah, that worked. The only thing is that, like the 9.x version of Lussumo, I want to try to get First and last name info collected during registration. I'll try to open a new topic for that.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There is an extended application form extension that does that and a little bit more. You can probably alter it slightly to remove the extra bits if you don't need them.
  • Options
    Woah, man, I can't believe I missed that, and I check extensions almost daily! Thanks! -Andy
This discussion has been closed.