Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No blinking cursor

On my 2.1.11 forum, Whenever I click on the text box, I do not get a blinking cursor. It makes it difficult to tell if I can go ahead and start typing. I tried doing a search for this issue in this forum, but I didn't see anything similar.

I was wondering if

(1) there might be a way to fix this problem, or perhaps

(2) upgrade to the newer 2.2.1(?) text box editor like that is used by this forum, while keeping the 2.1.11 version of the forum? I like the crisp look of it. @peregrine helped me to install a slightly tweaked 2.2.1 version of profile extender, which works perfectly back in 2.1.11.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

this has nothing to do with profile extender.

it depends on your css or your editor or theme.

and there is a blinking cursor upon focus in the buttonbar plugin with default theme.

the buttonbar plugin is the closest plugin to the editor plugin/

about the only real difference is the upload button, and with fileupload plugin, you get better control of uploads then the editor plugin. I don't understand the fuss.

search the net for css cursor.

the cursor is controlled by css.

as mentioned 100's of times before the editor plugin only works in 2.2.x, not in 2.1.11, that is why it was delayed for over a year after it was announced.

if you upgrade to 2.2 Beta version or Alpha version you reduce the number of people who can help you. People like me and others who don't want to waste time with beta or alpha moving target versions won't answer or be able to questions for beta versions. But you will have probably exactly 3 or 4 people who might help you with beta version. So you make the choice.

As much as you don't want to read the announcement or follow it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.