HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bye Bye Vanilla

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
edited October 2015 in Feedback

I been with Vanilla nearly 3 years but after my last upgrade to 2.8.1. I was working almost 2 months getting plugins to work and some never did ( even if paid for them ) So 1 month ago I installed Wordpress ok it took me a week or so to get my head around it, but I'm flying now. I like to say thanks to all who tried to help me, Virjvlinder , HGtonight and Peregrine and anyone else who help me. I have now uninstalled all my Vanilla forum's and it's time to say goodbye.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

all the best to you DenisS

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Goodbye Bro

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

Wordpress and Vanilla are too entirely different purpose so I wonder if you are using Vanilla as a "blog", are you?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Oh well, you just can't teach new tricks to some old dogs... :(

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

If he's happy with what he did. he obviously made the right decision for himself and something he believes he can manage better.

as the discussion sinks into the sunset ........ :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2015

I understand Denis, some things require a bit more effort . You can use wordpress as a discussion blog for sure. Good Luck at the Phuk ;)

• unixherounixhero
    edited October 2015

For what it's worth, I haven't found any suitable replacement for Vanilla. It's the best of breed as it is in my case.
    In the future I might start more hacker news style communities with the hacker news clone "Telescope". But not yet! Vanilla offers the sleekest forum experience I've seen, and that's what I'm sticking with.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I wish I had Vanilla 2.8.1 ;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.