Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Login bug with social google vanilla 2.2

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I found a bug. When user enter with social google without creating account on forum then leaves forum and reenters introducing username and password receives error message without link.
You can see in Screenshort.

I have not tried with other social options.
It is not a big bug but would to fix it.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

problem is either here or with display of error message.

library/core/class.passwordhash.php:145:

throw new Gdn_UserException(sprintf(T('You don\'t have 
    a password.', 'Your account does not have a password assigned to it yet. Click <a href="%s">here</a> to reset y
    our password.'), $ResetUrl));

although probably the display of error message see: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/commit/237c4339b0181f5c4d838a8ead351d35b4c47c43

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I also found this bug last night and filed issue 3298.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

throw new Gdn_UserException(sprintf(T('You need to reset your password.', 'You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click <a href="%s">here</a> to reset your password.'), $ResetUrl));

This one code i think will fail too. The same class.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

most likely break any Gdn_User_Exception error message that is thrown with a link (anchor tag).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.