Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress / Vanilla comments login

Hi Guys,

I am using Vanilla comments to replace the native wordpress comments and after updating Vanilla to the latest 2.2 iam facing some problem. When login in from any article page in the comments, instead of just reloading the frame with them, the whole page is reloaded inside the frame.

the website is blackberryportugal.com

Anyone having problems with comments?

Answers

• I think it's the same in my case. The page scrolls up

• I've been having this same problem for months but they don't care.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MarcusMaximus

Who do you mean by 'they'?

You have received a lot of responses on here, from what I can see.

If you mean Vanilla developers, they don't get on here that much.

If you can identify an issue, you can report it on GitHub, which will come to the attention of the developers.

• RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

@MarcusMaximus said:
    I've been having this same problem for months but they don't care.

They might care and they might be aware of issue, but they might not know how to fix it.
    Also if you don't specify all the details of your os and environment and your settings and themes, etc, you might never have a solution. Also saying me too I have the same problem and specifying a different problem and saying you have the same problem is a bit silly. SAME but DIFFERENT. seems like a shortcut to saying nothing.

you can file an issue on github, as stated above, some issues may still be issues for over a year without a solution.
    In those cases it may be worth not using the option if you don't need it and find another solution (e.g. don't use wordpress commenting).

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited August 2016

Yes, this is happening to others too and I have been trying to help resolve it by somehow forcing the Parent page that hold the embed to refresh automatically after closing the login popup.

If I knew how to do it for sure, I would tell you right now, but obviously I am as lost… the comments work fine but upon login the iframe loads the parent window instead of the comments.. if you manually refresh the page, the comments load fine.

So the solution is to make the Parent page refresh automatically right after a user clicks sign in…