Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

bdude: LatestBlog 0.1 and problems with empty posts

Andy KAndy K
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hah, I'm a callin' you out! How about that, a support request within probably 12 hours of releasing the extension! :-) First off, LatestBlog is awesome. "Fucking" awesome, even. Thanks for putting it together. Here's the issue. I've got it set up in my community (www.story-games.com). It's working for about half of us. The other half are getting this error when they have a post with no content : because they just posted a picture, or because the feeds they are using are put together in a way that doesn't show feed content, etc) : "Notice: Undefined index: description in /home/(my providers server)/(my account)/story-games.com/forums/extensions/LatestBlog/default.php on line 57" In all cases, like for the following RSS2.0 feeds, it still displays the feeds/blog posts anyway: (sample feeds of community members with this issue. The feeds are solid) http://kallistipress.com/blog/feed/ <--- Wordpress http://www.designmeme.com/feed/ <--- Feedburner It looks like it may be corresponding to "empty" posts (that is, the feeds are built in a way where they have titles, but no subject matter). The wordpress one above has one post that is nothing but a picture, and that meant it had one of the above errors showing. The second example above had 5 errors, but Feedburner looks like it posts titles with no content. 5 errors, one for each bodyless post. Does that follow your exp? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks! -Andy

Comments

• Anyone else have any ideas on how to stop the "error 57"s on this extension? I'm thinking that if the extension finds no explanation text, it can add its own (maybe ". . ." or something simple). Thoughts on how to incorporate that with LatestBlog? -Andy
  • Hey, thanks for the nice comments :-)

I'm going to rewrite this ASAP I can see a lot of people want it and am putting it on the top of my to-do list. I will investigate these problems and get back to you asap (i'm at school)
  • Rock on, man. Take your time and all (just glad I could catch you online). Thanks! -Andy
  • Glad to hear you're going to fix these bugs, bdude, as it's a hit on my new forums, too. Just an FYI, it seems to have issues with RSS feeds from blogspot (don't know why). Obviously ATOM's not support yet, but do keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.