Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsconnect creates user but doesn't log in

jsconnect is getting a valid json user object back in response to it's auth call and creates a new user in vanilla on the fly, but it doesn't actually log me in (it still says click here to login as this user). I suck at digging through php and can't figure out what's going wrong. Any eye-deers would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options

...I seem to be getting a javascript error upon login:

Failed to open https://mydomain.com/index.php?p=/entry/jsconnect&client_id=1&Target=/

• Options

It looks as if vanilla is logging in the user account, but then immediately calling bootstrap (I presume on the redirect to the root page), and in doing so the authenticators restart and set the user to null. I feel like it's probably supposed to be checking cookies for a session cookie or something so retain the session, but I can't find where in the code that is handled.

• Options

SOLVED: Turns out I'm stupid and created a role without login permission as the default role for users signing in using SSO. Finally tracked it down in the StartAuthenticator method in Gdn_Auth